Fortnite Creative v24.40 Update
The Fortnite Team
The v24.40 update brings 32 new consumable item resources and the Chug Cannon weapon to Creative, plus new visual customizations for vehicles spawned by the Sport Bike and Dirt Bike Spawners. This update also brings a prop device version of the Mounted Turret, as well as new Ballercoaster Galleries.
(Creative bug fixes have been added to the updates and bug fixes in the UEFN and Verse Release Notes.)
Creator Pages are Live!
Now players can see all of your islands in one place by clicking More From This Creator in Discover. This links out to your Creator page in Creator Portal. As you publish islands using Creator Portal, your Creator Page is automatically updated. To learn more about Creator Pages, check out the blog announcement and Creator Pages in Fortnite Creative.
New Consumable Item Resources
32 new consumable item resources have been added to Creative. You can find the following by going to the Creative inventory and clicking the Consumables tab:
- Boar Hair
- Dino Eggs
- Plain: White, Brown, Green
- Speckled: White, Brown, Blue
- Marbled: White, Pink, Green
- Flecked: Blue, Red, Green
- Shimmering: White, Blue, Red
- Eruption: Red, Yellow
- Lemon Lime
- Maple Syrup
- Raptor Eye
- Roasted Chicken
- Wolf Tooth
- Shark Tooth
The Chug Cannon has also been added to Creative. You can find this Effective Health-restoring cannon in the Creative inventory in the Weapons tab.
Sport Bike and Dirt Bike Customizations
You can now change the color of the vehicles spawned by the Sport Bike and Dirt Bike Spawner devices. The visual appearance for spawned Sport Bikes and Dirt Bikes can be changed using the “Visual Variant” option. The available colors for the Sport Bike are:
The available colors for the Dirt Bike are:
- Dark Blue
Prop Version of Mounted Turret
There is now a prop device version of the Mounted Turret that has more options than the Trap version. The new Mounted Turret device has many new options, functions, and events to enhance your island's gameplay!
Direct Event Binding Reminder
Starting in the v25.00 update, direct event binding will be turned on for all islands. If you haven't converted your islands to direct event binding yet, we encourage you to do that now. This gives you some time to see how your current islands will work with direct event binding, and fix any problems that might arise from the conversion. For more information, see Getting Started with Direct Event Binding in our official documentation.
- The Bandage Bazooka has been moved from the Consumables tab in the Creative Inventory to the Weapons tab.
- An Uncommon version of the Automatic Sniper Rifle has been added to the Creative inventory.
- You can now drop the Automatic Sniper Rifle on the Guard Spawner device for spawned guards to use.
Prefab & Gallery Updates
- New Ballercoaster Galleries:
- Coaster Track Gallery A
- Coaster Track Gallery B
- Added a new double-sided display mode for the Billboard devices, so that creators can show text on both sides of one device. This update is only for islands that have been converted to use upgraded devices.
- Added a "Goo" option for Musical Notes in the VFX Spawner device.